What Is Mercedes-Benz AMG®?
Mercedes-Benz has long been known for innovation in performance, with Mercedes-Benz BlueTEC® technology as an example. But what is Mercedes-Benz AMG®? Find out how Mercedes-Benz AMG® can revolutionize your drives around Monroe with this guide from Ray Catena of Freehold!
Mercedes-Benz AMG® History
Mercedes-Benz AMG® got its start in 1967, when two automotive engineers began tinkering with engines for Mercedes-Benz racecars. Now, Mercedes-Benz AMG® is known as the performance division of Mercedes-Benz, which creates some of the most high-performing models in the world.
There are a variety of AMG® features that contribute to the legacy of Mercedes-Benz AMG®. These include:
- A range of AMG® engine options, from a 2.0L inline-four turbo that delivers 375 hp and 350 lb-ft of torque via the AMG® CLA 45 Coupe to a 6.0L V12 biturbo that churns out 621 hp and 738 lb-ft of torque via the AMG® S 65 Coupe
- AMG® RIDE CONTROL Sport Suspension, which adapts the damping according to each unique driving situation
- AMG® High-Performance Braking System
- AMG® transmissions, boasting advanced gearboxes, up to four selectable driving modes, and dual- or multi-clutch technology
- Mercedes-Benz AMG® Performance 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive
In addition to unique features, Mercedes-Benz AMG® models also have intricate, distinctive design. A few elements that set AMG® models apart are:
- Sharper profile
- Wider wheel arches
- Lower bodywork
- Twin power domes on the hood
- Wide stance
- Rear diffuser
- AMG®-inspired cockpit, including a sport steering wheel with aluminum shift paddles, sport seats, special instrumentation
- Enlarged front vents
The current lineup of Mercedes-Benz AMG® models includes models such as:
- AMG® CLA 45 Coupe
- AMG® E 63 S Sedan
- AMG® C 43 Cabriolet
- AMG® GLA 45 SUV
- AMG® G 65 SUV
Shop for Mercedes-Benz AMG® Models at Mercedes-Benz of Freehold
You can find Mercedes-Benz AMG® models, including the Mercedes-Benz AMG® GLE 43, when you shop at Ray Catena of Freehold! Get in touch to plan your visit from Old Bridge.