How to Replace a Mercedes-Benz Key Battery
Wondering how to replace a Mercedes-Benz key battery when you realize yours has died? Find out with Ray Catena of Freehold in Freehold!
When a Mercedes-Benz Key Battery Needs Replacement
To know when to replace your Mercedes-Benz key battery, look for the following signs:
- When the vehicle is difficult to start each day, as when it takes several minutes for the engine to power on
- When your key fob doesn’t lock or unlock your doors, or you cannot initiate the panic button
- When a warning sign appears on the dashboard indicating issues with the charging system
Trying to be proactive and change your key battery while it’s slowing down is ideal, as to prevent frustration later on when getting into your car in Monroe.
Steps to Change a Mercedes-Benz Key Battery
Follow these steps to replace your Mercedes-Benz key battery:
- Determine whether you have a Chrome Key or a Smart Key, as the batteries are changed differently.
- Remember that the newer Chrome Key needs one CR 2025 batteries and the Smart Key needs two.
- With the Chrome Key, pull on the tab at the bottom, push the key into the narrow end of the slot to remove the cover, and replace the battery.
- With the Smart Key, pull the latch at the end of the key holder, stick your key horizontally into the open slot, and lift the battery compartment out to replace the batteries.
Need Help? Visit Ray Catena of Freehold Today!
Need help replacing your key battery? Visit Ray Catena of Freehold near Old Bridge to finance a Mercedes-Benz of your own, to learn how you can track your service history, and to master technologies like the COMAND® infotainment system.