What is Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive?
The Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® all-wheel drive system offers better handling, traction, and performance on Monroe roads — even in rain and snow. What’s more, this feature also helps the vehicle maintain high fuel efficiency ratings! 4MATIC® all-wheel drive achieves these performance levels by distributing power to the optimal wheels. Learn more about how 4MATIC® all-wheel drive works below.
How Does Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive Work?
4MATIC® all-wheel drive works in several different ways to improve traction and handling. For one, Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® all-wheel drive boosts the amount of force that’s directed to the road by distributing power to all four wheels as opposed to the two front or rear wheels. What’s more, the 4MATIC® all-wheel drive system is able to maximize handling by sending different amounts of torque to each wheel when needed.
Additionally, when you turn your vehicle, your wheels rotate at different speeds, as the inside wheels are moving a shorter distance. 4MATIC® AWD regulates wheelspin to make sure the wheels are spinning and rotating as they should. The 4MATIC® system monitors road conditions as well, adjusting engine power and braking when things like ice patches, loose dirt, or rain suddenly arrive on your path.
Which Mercedes-Benz Vehicles Can Be Equipped with 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive?
Many Mercedes-Benz models are available with 4MATIC® all-wheel drive, including:
- Mercedes-Benz CLA 250 4MATIC® Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz C 300 4MATIC® Coupe, Sedan, and Cabriolet
- Mercedes-Benz E 300 4MATIC® Sedan
- Mercedes-Benz E 400 4MATIC® Coupe, Sedan, Wagon, and Cabriolet
- Mercedes-Benz CLS 550 4MATIC® Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz S 450 4MATIC® Sedan
- Mercedes-Benz S 560 4MATIC® Coupe and Sedan
- Mercedes-Benz GLA 250 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLC 300 4MATIC® SUV and Coupe
- Mercedes-Benz GLC 350e 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLE 350 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLE 550e Plug-In Hybrid 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLS 450 4MATIC® SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GLS 550 4MATIC® SUV
Additionally, most Mercedes-Benz AMG® models come equipped AMG® Performance 4MATIC® all-wheel drive for further-improved traction and handling.
Explore Our 4MATIC® All-Wheel Drive Selection at Ray Catena of Freehold
Contact us with questions about Mercedes-Benz 4MATIC® all-wheel drive, then visit us near Old Bridge and Colts Neck to check out our inventory of new Mercedes-Benz models equipped with 4MATIC® all-wheel drive!